Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Picture Perfect Passage 5





















 I peered across the foggy lake, I wondered what had caught my eye. I could have sworn that I had seen something creeping on the small island. What it was, I had no idea, and I mostly likely wouldn’t because now I couldn’t even find it. As I stood there on the edge of the lake still searching for what I had originally spotted I noticed two red dots. As I tried to focus on them I realized that they were eyes, staring right back at me. I remembered what my mom used to tell me when I got scared of a bug or an animal, that they were more scared of me than I was of them. It did nothing to calm my nerves and I noticed suddenly that I was shaking; out of terror or temperature I didn’t know but I wasn’t about to stand near that lake any longer. I whipped around and darted towards my car, struggling to unlock the door in my haste. When I finally managed to pry the door open I fell into my seat and slammed the door shut, jamming the key into the…

I woke up in a cold sweat and realized everything I thought I had just experienced had been a dream. Of course there was nothing that had red eyes. But what I had failed to notice at that point was that outside my window were two red eyes staring at me, and that the body associated with those red eyes would later be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment